Wrongful Arrest Claims
Arrests are complicated to navigate. Our lawyers are highly experienced in dealing with wrongful arrest claims and lawsuits.
Get in touch
Understand The Criteria Behind Your Eligibility
- Your Title Goes Here 100% 100%
Certain criteria generally has to be met before police may legitimately arrest a suspect, even if the person has committed the offence. Wrongful arrest claims can usually be lodged in the event that you are arrested or imprisoned for a minor offence that should have been dealt with by means of a Court Attendance Notice. Even though you may be guilty of the offence, you may still be entitled to claim wrongful arrest.
Are you eligible to receive wrongful arrest compensation?
You may be eligible If you have been acquitted (found innocent) of charges relating to:
- resisting arrest;
- police hindrance;
- or assaulting police for acting outside of the execution of their duties, you may have a claim for wrongful arrest or false imprisonment. If that is the cause, you may be eligible to claim damages for the arrest and detention in custody.
Our lawyers can guide you through a multitude of claims
Let our team help you find the compensation you deserve, relating to wrongful arrest circumstances such as:
- are arrested for possession when you carry a small amount of a prohibited drug
- are acquitted of an offence that was not properly investigated before you were arrested
- are being arrested and released without being given bail conditions
- are being called to the station for a “chat” and being arrested when you go there voluntarily
- present yourself to the station after an officer leaves a message for you
- are arrested for having an “attitude” and no other reason
- are arrested so that you can be interviewed or identified
- are arrested despite the police knowing who you are, where you live and where they could have served a Court Attendance Notice instead
- are handled with excessive force during an otherwise lawful arrest
- are arrested since the police mistakenly thought they had a warrant for your arrest
- are arrested shortly after the incident, with no concern for the victims or witnesses
Paramount Law specialise in all areas of compensation law and carry Accredited Specialist status.
Get in touch
P (02) 9099 3199
We also service the following areas: Liverpool, Campbelltown, Brisbane, Central Coast, Wagga Wagga, Griffith, Hong Kong and New York
Monday to Friday
8:30am to 5:30pm